These are the pledges created by LCTR and our supporters. We urge all Labour Party members who wish to support trans people to sign them. Follow this link to do so.
1. Accept the material reality that trans people are oppressed and discriminated against in British society, facing a rising risk of hate crime, and difficulty accessing public services, healthcare, housing and employment.
2. Believe that trans liberation must be an objective of the Labour Party, and that transphobia is antithetical to our collective aims.
3. Commit to respecting trans people as their self-declared gender, and to ensure that the Labour Party is an inclusive environment for trans people.
4. Accept that trans women are women, trans men are men, and non-binary people are non-binary.
5. Accept that there is no material conflict between trans rights and women’s rights, and that all trans women are subject to misogyny and patriarchal oppression.
6. Listen to trans comrades on issues of transphobia and transmisogyny, allowing trans people to lead the way on our own liberation.
7. Support the work of trans members and organisers within the Labour movement, including supporting motions on a local, regional, and national level which are presented for the furthering of trans liberation.
8. Oppose transphobic motions which run contrary to our own party equalities policy, and support the NEC striking down such motions on this basis.
9. Organise and fight against transphobic organisations such as Woman’s Place UK, LGB Alliance and other trans-exclusionist hate groups.
10. Support the expulsion from the Labour Party of those who express bigoted, transphobic views.
11.Support reform of the Gender Recognition Act to improve transgender rights, as well as supporting policies which would improve trans people’s access to necessary healthcare, housing, and employment.
12. Organise against and oppose any further transphobic policy from our own party or any other.